April 17, 2014

Easy Cinnamon Rolls Waffles

I remembered seeing this idea somewhere on the internet.  I'm sure it was on Pinterest but I was in Aldi recently and wanted to try out their brand of cinnamon rolls.  I got the large sized ones but I'm sure it would work with the smaller ones too.
 First I popped open the tube, which was surprisingly easy.  (I find that these types of tubes never want to open!)  I laid the rolls out on a plate, reconstructing any that came undone while taking them out.  Set the icing packet to the side, you will need that later!
Once my waffle iron had heated up, I laid one roll in the center, closed the lid and let it cook for about 2 1/2 minutes.  I think I could have fit more than one at a time but I will try that next time!  I didn't need to spray my waffle iron with non stick spray because the butter in the cinnamon roll seeps out and prevents it from sticking.  You may need to adjust the cooking time based on your individual waffle iron.

When the cinnamon roll is a golden brown it is done!  It's easy to over cook them so keep a close eye!  At the same time I had some bacon in the oven cooking on my cookie trying racks!
Now take the icing packet, cut a small hole in the corner and drizzle over the waffle while it's still warm.

Voila!  Easy, delicious and 3 1/2 year old approved!

 photo signature_zps05cf28c7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment